Bayern Munich have completed the signing of Poland international striker Robert Lewandowski from Bundesliga rivals Borussia Dortmund, according to the club s official website, .
Lewandowski, 25, will join the German champions on a free transfer when his contract at Signal Iduna Park expires at the end of the season.
The 25-year-old has agreed terms on a five-year deal at the Allianz Arena, leaving Dortmund in need of a replacement for the highly-rated No. 9.
“We’re very pleased about completing this transfer,” said FC Bayern Munich AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
“Robert Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in the world. He will strengthen the Bayern squad and give us another boost. We’re delighted both parties have today signed…
Schalke will not renew goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand s contract when it expires in June, the Bundesliga club confirmed on Thursday.
The 34-year-old has been at the club since 2011 and has made 20 appearances this season in all competitions.
However, Schalke will not be offering Hildebrand a new deal, with Schalke general manager Horst Heldt praising the Germany international s impact at the Veltins Arena.
He has an important share in the successes of the past two-and-a-half years with third and fourth place in the Bundesliga, the first knockout round in the Champions League and reaching the quarter-finals of the Europa League, Heldt told Schalke s official website.
In addition, he has always identified with FC Schalke 04 and this was made unequivocally clear.
…
Kepa Arrizabalaga described himself as a calm, settled goalkeeper but predicted that he would fit into Maurizio Sarri s aggressive style of football at Chelsea.
The 23-year-old became the world s most expensive goalkeeper when he completed a £71.6million transfer from Athletic Bilbao and he expressed his excitement about working with Sarri, who arrived at the club from Napoli in July.
Sarri guided Napoli to second place in Serie A in 2017-18 and earned plaudits across Europe for his attractive brand of football, and Kepa said he was keen to start working with the Italian coach.
I m really looking forward to starting to work with [Sarri], Kepa told the official Chelsea app The 5th Stand.
I ve heard great things about him, great references. I can t wait …
FIFA president Gianni Infantino has called on Iranian authorities to repeal a long-standing ban on women entering football grounds.
Iranian woman Sahar Khodayari died this month after setting herself on fire while awaiting a court case, following her March arrest for attempting to sneak in disguise into the Azadi Stadium in Tehran.
She was known as Iran s blue girl , reportedly because of the colours of her favourite club, Esteghlal Tehran.
Amnesty International official Philip Luther described the ban as showing appalling contempt for women s rights and encouraged world governing body FIFA to take urgent action .
The ban has been in place since 1979 but was lifted for the second leg of the AFC Champions League final between Persepolis and Japanese side…
New Zealand-based businessman Victor Cattermole said Monday his Endeavor Plan group were still interested in buying English Premier League crisis club Portsmouth.
The bottom team in English football s top flight went into administration last week with estimated debts of over 60 million pounds (90 million dollars).
But Cattermole told Sky Sports on Monday that Pompey s debt situation is probably not as bad compared with a lot of other clubs .
And he added it was possible for the south coast side to undergo a revival similar to the one that allowed the disbanded Honda team an organisation he considered purchasing to be transformed into a Brawn outfit that won both the drivers and constructors titles in the 2009 Formula One World Championship.
Cattermole s …
Mauricio Pochettino promised his Chelsea side would attack Manchester City when the two clubs meet at the Etihad Stadium for Saturday’s Premier League clash.
The defending champions drew a memorable game 4-4 at Stamford Bridge in November with former City player Cole Palmer scoring a penalty in stoppage time for the hosts to snatch a point.
Chelsea have endured mixed fortunes since, losing half of their 12 league fixtures, though following Monday’s 3-1 win away at Crystal Palace, they could climb to a season-high seventh place with victory against Pep Guardiola’s side.
Our latest injury update from Cobham is live.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC)
With 14 games to go, the team have already score three more league goals than they managed in the e…
El Salvador s most-capped footballer Alfredo Pacheco has been shot dead, the country s attorney general s office has confirmed.
Pacheco, 33, was talking with friends at a petrol station in the city of Santa Ana when he was gunned down by an unknown assailant in the early hours of Sunday morning. Two other people were injured and taken to hospital.
“The attorney general’s office in Santa Ana processed the crime scene of the murder of Alfredo Pacheco at 3.30am in a petrol station,” it said.
Pacheco made 86 appearances for his country, scoring seven goals, but was banned by the Salvadoran Football Federation a decision ratfied by FIFA in 2013 after being found guilty of involvement in match-fixing.
He spent the bulk of his club career with Club Deporti…
Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos says he may be forced to consider his future at the Parc des Princes if he fails to cement a first-team place.
The Brazil international joined the Ligue 1 champions in July 2013 from Roma, but has failed to become a regular starter, with compatriots David Luiz and Thiago Silva PSG s favoured centre-back pairing.
Marquinhos has made just 12 league appearances this term, with only seven of those starts, and Premier League duo Chelsea and Manchester United are reportedly monitoring his situation.
The 21-year-old insists he wants to stay and fight for a place in the PSG team, but may consider his position at the end of the season.
Like everyone else, I always want to be a part of the starting line-up, he told JDD. But…
According to a recent report from AS, Real Madrid are already planning on replacing midfielder Luka Modric. The Croatian veteran has been heavily linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu for quite some time now, but they haven’t quite been able to come to a deal with another club. Following his fantastic year in 2018 there were plenty of teams interested in signing him, especially Inter Milan, but it didn’t quite happen.
In terms of who they want to replace Modric with, one of the primary contenders is Napoli star Fabian Ruiz. The 23 year old has been going strong ever since his move from Real Betis, to the point where it’s almost expected that he’ll be moving on from the Italian side before too long.
Barcelona, Liverpool and Arsenal are all believed t…
Juventus have assembled a squad worthy of being considered Champions League favourites, according to Federico Bernardeschi.
The arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo, the competition s all-time leading scorer, has boosted the Bianconeri s hopes of lifting the trophy for the first time since 1996.
Superstar forward Ronaldo was instrumental to Juve s exit in each of the previous two campaigns, scoring twice for Real Madrid in the 2017 final and then converting a controversial late penalty in last season s quarter-finals.
Massimiliano Allegri s men must first survive a tough group containing Manchester United, Valencia and Young Boys if they are to deliver on Bernardeschi s confidence, but the Italy forward is adamant he and his team-mates can go all the way.
I fee…